Friday, February 17, 2017

Leaves Turned Hearts

I know we've just come off Valentine's Day...but hearts are for everyday!!  I used one of the Concord and 9th layered leaf dies that has always looked like a heart to me, and combined it with one of my favorite sentiment stamps from the My Favorite Things Geometric Greenery stamp set, which goes perfect with hearts, to make an everyday thank you card...with the leaves turned hearts...
Here's what the die, die cut, and die cut cut look like all next to one another...
I layered the three die cuts twice each, then...after coloring the bottom 3rd layer that still had the pieces in it, with markers, decided I didn't like how it looked, so I filled in all three "hearts" with different pink and kraft colored die cut paint chip pieces .  Here's a close up...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

11 comments:

  1. love this idea - i have this die and want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny...I have always thought the leaf looked like a heart too. In fact, have never used it as a leaf yet. Love the paint chip colors...you're on a roll with them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card....
    Hugs! Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing new projects using this fabulous die set. Your card is CAS perfection (even though I know how much work went into putting those darling "hearts" together).

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever Lisa and it made such an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, I don't always leave a comment, but know that I look forward to all of your posts. You are one of my favorites. I love what you do. Thanks so much for sharing your magic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing at your pieced in die cuts! These are gorgeous of course, I just want to know how you keep track of those dies as a whole, and piecing them back together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you adhere the paint chips to the back?

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa