Monday, January 23, 2017

Piece of My Heart Shaker

I had such fun making a very clean and simple card using one of the new stamps from Simon Says Stamp's most recent release...Rainbows Rock!!...
I actually loved this stamp, but wanted to distinguish the beginning of the sentiment and the end, so opted to use a rainbow theme to help with that...pink the beginning, and purple the end.  It was CRUCIAL to use my wonderful MISTI to assist with this, as I used scotch tape to mask, and keeping the sentiment and paper in the very same place each time I stamped a different color...it was SOOOOOO EASY!!!!   I will admit, though, I had to scour all my heart dies, and found the Simon Large Heart dies in my "collection" the largest of them fit PERFECTLY for the cut out.  Here's a pic with their sleeve, the die that was used is outside the sleeve, so you can see and have the name as they are no longer available...
If anyone makes a shaker card with this stamp, and you don't have this die, and use another, maybe you could me know what other die works...I have LOTS of heart dies, but this was the only one I had that fit this stamp!  
I used the heart dies from the Simon Says Stamp Heart Wreath(no longer available, but it cuts 9 hearts at a time) to fill my shaker, but I have put the Holiday Shapes dies at the bottom of the post as they would work, as well, making different sizes...just would take more time.  I swiped a little of each of the colored inks used on the sentiment heart stamp onto cardstock and then die cut from the swipes so the die cut hearts would match the sentiment stamp.  Here's a close up...

This was really a lot of fun...simple in it's design...not hard,  a little bit of work masking, cleaning and  stamping the heart, but such fun!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. So adorable!! I've the rainbow sentiment and the fun shaker!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Lisa. You have the best ideas. I love the paper hearts in the shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! Lovely colours! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card and though I haven't these dies I'm anxious to try and find something to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card, Lisa. Love the rainbow sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun and amazing -- that sentiment in rainbow is truly over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an adorable shaker, and creative placement of the sentiment. I have a mini heart punch (going old-school here,lol) that would also work for the confetti. Just another option for someone who doesn't have many dies. I bought mine years ago in the dollar bin at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa