Sunday, January 11, 2015

Simple Christmas Thank You Cards...Finally!!

Christmas struggled to get here and is struggling to leave.  I have needed to get some thank you cards to  some dear people for Christmas gifts (and it's never too late to say thank you), but have struggled to make the Christmas Thank yous...until last night! I wanted to do something simple but nice, so I pulled out ALL my thank you dies and the Simon Says Stamp Thanks Card die just popped from the MANY, MANY, MANY choices!  SUPER SIMPLE...using the die, some patterned paper, black ink and glossy accents, I made SEVEN cards last night (some designs I made 2 of as 1 full piece of  6 x 6 paper will make two die cuts)...

A quick show how I did it...

die cut the image

add eclipse tape around the borders of the sentiment

Sponge/cover the sentiment with black ink

Remove the tape

I then adhered a couple layers of chipboard to the back of the die cut, adhered to card, and THEN put glossy accents on the letters.  I LOVE the simplicity of this...here are the rest...


 These next two are not Christmas designs, but thought the paper was pretty(off white, used Rustic white Papertrey Ink to "match") and THEN I turned the "THANKS" to the other side...so... a versatile look...

OK...I had SO MUCH FUN doing these...just goes to show you, although this die was made with a Thanksgiving timed release, it's not just for Thanksgiving...this die, coupled with ANY cool patterned paper, MAKES A CARD!!!!  Hope you have a super Sunday!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea Lisa, wonderful thank yous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for lovely thank you cards. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and a great technique!
    Karin x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this technique is so smart Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. Simple, yet so sweet! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa