Thursday, November 13, 2014

Nativity...Then and Now

The Nativity stamp and die set from Simon is beautiful!!  I love the images of Mary, Joseph and Jesus!  I thought it would look pretty with a stained glass kind of look.
  I stamped on heavy weight vellum with black ink and clear embossed.  I turned the image over, colored with markers and cut out.  I layered on heavy weight paper, adhering with a vellum adhesive.  For the stable, I die cut in wood veneer and stained with Frayed Burlap distress ink and layered with 
a couple layers of chipboard.  I used a  sentiment from another Christmas set from Simon for the front, stamped on speckled cream colored paper, and on the inside, I used one of the sentiments from the Nativity set that I thought went perfectly in font and meaning...
Then I had a thought!  I believe that the baby Jesus grew up, became a man, and died on the cross for my sins.  He is no longer in that manger.  What if I made another stable, this time with straw, but empty...using the same wonderful/powerful sentiment from the inside of the first card for the main sentiment...
I am having so much fun creating with all these new Simon products...the possibilities are endless!!
Just so you know, I haven't forgotten about videos...I'm getting closer(although by the time I get there, you all will probably have figured out all the things you have questioned me about...)...and I will be having a giveaway...SOON...so check back with me:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Again great Lisa !
    Greetings from the Netherlands !
    !neke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love it and smart with the manger and sentiment and straw Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, Lisa! I love your idea for the second card. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous times two. LOVE the sentiment on the second and how you used the straw! Great snowflake card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LIsa, I was so excited to see your beautiful cards because I just ordered and received this stamp/die set! I am so inspired by both of your cards...I love them and they are so meaningful, perfect for the season. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen and amen. Your cards are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa