Sunday, March 23, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch 69...Hello Sunshine

I want to thank the ladies at CAS(E) this Sketch for choosing my  card as the winner of last week's challenge...you thrilled me to no end...I am so honored!! 
 As soon as I saw this week's sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch, I went searching through all my stamps and dies to see if I had one big, concentric shaped something that I could cut in half (that's how I was seeing the sketch)...I found  a recently purchased Hero Arts chrysanthemum die and thought...PERFECT...
Then I had to think color....I decided that yellow with a black sentiment would be perfect, but didn't want just one yellow for the flower, so I used three.  Scraps!!  I used my My Favorite Things circle dies and die cut 3 different yellow circle/rings and adhered them together on typing paper and then die cut (I now use typing paper, because I have found that the thickness when die cutting heavyweight paper PLUS another layer of even lightweight paper can be difficult)...
This is an intricate die, so had to use my metal plate adaptor for a clean and thorough cut.  I cut the flower in 1/2...a little less than 1/2 for each 1/2... made the flower look round rather than oval by cutting out some of the middle.  Layered on 2 more die cuts and adhered them around a stamped and embossed Lawn Fawn sentiment.  A flower and sunshine all rolled into one:)!!...
You could change the color and sentiment for different occasions...FUN!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE how this turned out! The different yellows look amazing, and just how brilliant are you to cut the flower this way!!?? Amazing card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a COOL card! I really really LOVE it!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats with the win last week at Case this sketch Lisa... I knew it was a winner the moment I saw it in my reader!
    This is just as wonderful indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic and striking - you have some fun and ingenious ideas - love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so pleased to see you had won last weeks challenge, that card was outstanding !!!
    I love your thinking for this sketch too , amazing card :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever way to cut out the flower - love the added interest of the shades of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool and very innovative. Great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea for die cutting flower with different shades of yellow - you're brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to use different shades of paper! This looks awesome -- love that die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! I love the extra details you added with the circle dies! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fancy Schmancy! I wondered how you got the different yellows on your flower. That's clever of you how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful take on the sketch, Lisa! Love the ombré colored circles you used to create your bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is AWESOME!!! so creative and eye catching fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa