Sunday, March 24, 2013

Groovy and Special

A set by Verve, Surely Goodness... can be Groovy AND Special...
Used some bold colors and randomly stamped the flowers, cut into a panel, layered on chipboard and added to card with sentiment(which, some of you may recall, is part of the chorus of "Wild Thing"...my girlfriends and I used to sing that song ALL THE TIME...many years ago)!
I made the lower card for a blessing ceremony of a friend's daughter...welcoming her into adulthood...
I used three flowers...it may "look" like more layers, but only 3 flowers , stamped in versamark on glossy paper and clear embossed. I cut out then sponged with Hero Arts Soft Blossom.  I DID cut the bottom flower's alternating layers to "pop" out...here is a picture of how I cut the big one as well as the other two flowers...this was my first experiment ...I used orange on black, and in the bottom left corner, I've shown you the top layer flower, what I STARTED with and what I cut it down to...
So the largest flower was cut, the middle one left plain and the top one cut out and rolled a bit like the bottom....hope this all makes sense.  There is a  large flower  with leaves stamp in the set that I stamped the same way, cut out,  and sponged with lucky limeade and then old olive...just didn't look dark enough.  I cut most of THAT flower off, and put the leaves behind the pink flower.  Used Crumb cake paper and the grosgrain ribbon impression from My Favorite Things to give the strip a ribbon look.  The sentiment is from a set I just purchased (for some of it's other sentiments) called Like Your Style, but had a PERFECT one for my card, too:)!!  It may "sound" complicated, yes, lots of fussy cutting, but super simple.   Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous...love all the overlapping flowers on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stamp for the stamped flowers and the curved lacy edge on the second card. I have yet to try fussy cutting but after the Pattern Play class, it's on my schedule to try. Yours looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to flash some Verve, Lisa!! LOVE how you used that fabulous flower! Great set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wild thing...we still sing it at the top of our lungs whenever we hear it!

    Love your floral creations! The popped up panel with the abstract stamping really does create a groovy feel to your card!

    What a fabulous paper cutting technique! I honestly thought that you had used several layers! Beautiful result!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa